Dear Profit Takeover reader,
Today and tomorrow are HUGE earnings reporting days:
- Today – Apple Inc (NASDAQ: AAPL) earnings are scheduled April 28, 2022
- Today – Altria Group Inc (NYSE: MO) earnings are scheduled April 28, 2022
- Today – Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN) earnings are scheduled April 28, 2022
- Tomorrow – Exxon Mobil Corp (NYSE: XOM) earnings are scheduled April 29, 2022
- Tomorrow – Chevron Corporation (NYSE: CVX) earnings are scheduled April 29, 2022
And I will be trading the aftermath when I return from my trip to Miami.
Then, we will watch volatility for THREE MORE big energy names – and trade them post-report later in the week…
- Tuesday – BP plc (NYSE: BP): earnings are scheduled May 3, 2022
- Tuesday – Transocean LTD (NYSE: RIG): earnings are scheduled May 3, 2022
- Tuesday – Devon Energy Corp (NYSE: DVN): earnings are scheduled May 3, 2022
Here’s how AAPL, MO, and AMZN are moving so far this morning compared with the last time they posted earnings:
AAPL is currently trading at $160.74 today and IV isn’t as high today as it was heading into the Q3 earnings report…
It closed at $159.22 on January 27th – the last earnings report date.
I would have expected vol to be higher today, but considering the confusing market we are in – I can’t be too surprised by anything.
When I get back from vacation, I would love to touch base with Olivia Voz to see what levels have support for moves in AAPL.
MO earnings just came out this morning – EPS were up 2.50% although revenue is down by -1.16%.
The market doesn’t seem to mind the news so far –
MO is slightly up to $55.15 from the open at $53.82.
The last time we saw MO in the high levels it’s hit recently was back in April of 2019…
That could be why we aren’t seeing much support in volume above where it is now.
AMZN on the other hand, has been having a rough go…
It is currently at $2,825 down from the high of $3,416 about a month ago –
We could see a rally post-report, just like last quarter…
But I mentioned yesterday – VIX futures are in backwardation…
And VVIX is down so the market is wildly illogical…
So nothing is for certain –
- Trade before and after earnings – not through them…
- Do not get “married” to any trade – ideally, I’d want to hold options for around 10 trading-days or fewer…
- Make strategic low-risk, high-reward plays like SPX and XSP expiration trades…
I’ll be trading post-report for the big names I listed above in the Profit Revolution.
AND, I’ll continue to guide members to MASSIVE wins with SPX and XSP expiration trades…
You do NOT want to miss out –
Join us in the next session on Monday… by signing up here.
Or CLICK HERE to find out what we are currently trading in the Profit Revolution.
UPDATE: I will still be traveling tomorrow, so I won’t be hosting any live shows then.
We will be back to our normal schedule next week.
See you tomorrow,
Founder, Profit Takeover
P.S. SAVE YOUR SEAT
I, Mark Sebastian, – and the entire Money Morning Live crew – will be in Chicago, IL on May 19-20, 2022.
And we would love to meet you there –
Hope to see you on May 19-20, 2022 in Chicago, IL.
April 28 2022